We adore all things Mexican flavor so when I’m looking for a Meatless Monday meal it is where my mind tends to stray. So these Vegetarian Burritos were a natural.
Filled with onion, black beans, corn, tomato, and 2 types of cheese no one missed the meat! Wrap the filling in a tortilla and bake 20-30 minutes for an easy meal. If you know your evenings are going to be busy prepare the burritos ahead of time so the only thing you have to do after work is pop them in the oven. We like them with a side of rice and some extra salsa.
- 1 Tbsp onion, minced
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 cups corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- ½ tsp cumin
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, cheddar jack, or Mexican cheese
- 8 tortillas
- In a skillet heat the 1 Tbsp of olive oil and add the onions, beans, corns, tomatoes, and cumin.
- Heat over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and shredded cheese and heat about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Wrap the filling in tortillas.
- At this point the burritos can be frozen or put in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, bake the burritos in a 375 0ven for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.