Lemon mini muffins studded with pieces of strawberry!! Delicious!!
I love muffins!! And mini muffins are best of all because they are tiny so you can eat a few. I’m always looking for a new flavor combination (Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins, Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins, Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins) so when Katie & Brandon were visiting I decided to make muffins for breakfast. I had a lemon and some strawberries which became Lemon Strawberry Mini Muffins. Quick and easy to mix up the muffins are light with lemon flavor and pieces of strawberries. Zesting the lemon and chopping the strawberries takes a few minutes but it is worth it!!
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin tins or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients: sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and lemon zest.
- Combine wet ingredients: melted butter,lemon juice, eggs, buttermilk
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Stir in strawberries
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.