Delicious French Dip Sandwiches ready when you get home from work!! Beef cooked until tender and shreddable in a broth with a touch of heat in a roll with cheese.
I’ve been on a Slow Cooker roll (Slow Cooker Pork Tacos, Slow Cooker Thai Chicken and Rice, Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili). I LOVE the convenience of walking in the door and having a delicious, homemade dinner on the table!! Slow Cooker French Dip sandwiches do not disappoint!
Beef cooked until tender and shreddable in a broth with a touch of heat in a roll with cheese. Yum!!!! Plus there is almost NO prep when filling the slow cooker!! Slice an onion (can be done the night before) and add the beef, broth, consomme, and cayenne pepper. That is it!!! Start the slow cooker and forget about it until dinner. Serve on a roll with some provolone cheese and a small bowl of the cooking liquid to dip the sandwich in. Delicious!!!
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1-3 lb Beef Roast
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 can consomme
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4-6 rolls
- 4-6 slices provolone cheese
- Add the onion, beef, broth, consomme, and cayenne pepper to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the beef with 2 forks.
- Serve on rolls with provolone cheese and individual bowls of cooking liquid to dip the sandwiches in.