Slow Cooker Spicy Thai Chicken and Rice is my favorite kind of meal!! Easy to make and delicious!!
Have you noticed I’ve been on a slow cooker kick? (Slow Cooker Potato Ham(bone) Soup, Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili, Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Carrots and Potatoes). I am back at work and want to continue to serve my family delicious, healthy meals so in comes the slow cooker. Prep the vegetables the night before, throw everything into the slow cooker in the morning and when you get home dinner is ready!
This slow cooker meal includes everything you need – chicken, vegetables, and rice with the right amount of heat. Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker before you go to work in the morning, I used baby carrots and frozen broccoli so there was no vegetable prep. Before serving I shred the chicken but that is a personal preference. The heat was just right for my family and we fought over who got the leftovers for lunch!
- 1 ½ cup rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ cup carrots, chopped (can substitute ½ bag of baby carrots, cut carrots in half)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz bag frozen broccoli
- Chicken thighs
- ½ cup Thai Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.