We have been having cold weather and cold weather calls for soup. This Slow Cooker Spicy Potato Vegetable Soup will warm you and your taste buds. Plus it is perfect for Meatless Monday!
Made in the Slow Cooker Spicy Potato Vegetable soup is an easy soup to make and I love a slow cooker meal! Before you go to work fill your slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, broccoli, corn, a little onion, a little garlic and lots of vegetable broth. Just before starting the slow cooker stir in some Old Bay Seasoning to give it some spice. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours and when you get home from your busy day a delicious soup is waiting for you. I like to take a potato masher and mash the vegetables just a bit to make them smaller. Add 1-2 cups of shredded cheese to the soup when you get home and allow it to melt before serving, about the time it will take you to change out of your work clothes and set the table. Serve with some Old Bay Seasoning to allow customization of the heat.
We have been having cold weather and cold weather calls for soup. This Spicy Potato Vegetable Soup will warm you and your taste buds.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb of baby carrots
- Broccoli (14 oz bag frozen)
- 1-2 cups corn
- ½ onion, minced
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- ½ - 1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT cheese to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, high 3-4 hours.
- 15-30 minutes prior to serving gently smash the vegetables with a potato masher.
- Add 1-2 cups shredded cheese, allow to melt.
- Serve with additional Old Bay Seasoning