Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie with a Chocolate Pretzel Crust takes a cookie and puts it on a pie crust!!! For a delicious cookie pie!!
I admit I am not much of a pie person. I am not a fan of traditional apple or peach or pumpkin or really any pies. And I have an intense dislike of making crust!! So when the Sunday Supper Movement put out a call for pies I was stuck but then I started thinking about what type of pie I would like and this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie was created.
The crust is a chocolate, almost shortbread like crust with crushed pretzels added in. It requires no rolling and can be hand pressed into a pie pan. The pretzels provide an interesting flavor, more nutty than pretzel like. The filling is a cross between a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie and a fudge textured brownie. All in all it is a different, delicious pie that is easy to make for the crust challenged!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie with a Chocolate Pretzel Crust takes a cookie and puts it on a pie crust!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ¾ cup finely chopped pretzel (about 1 ½ cups pre chopped pretzels)
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a food processor pulse flour, butter, brown sugar, and melted chocolate chips.
- Add vanilla, milk, and chopped pretzels pulsing to combine.
- Pat into a pie pan forming a crust.
- Mix butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and add to mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie pan.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
#SundaySupper Pies: Sweet & Savory
Sweet As Pie
- Banana Cream Pie from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Blood Orange Pie from The TipToe Fairy
- Brown Sugar Pie from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Pudding Pie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Coconut Cream Pie from Family Foodie
- Easy Lemon Pie from Basic N Delicious
- Fresh Lemon Hand Pies from From Gate to Plate
- German Sweet Chocolate Cream Pie from Meal Planning Magic
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Pie from NinjaBaker
- Gluten Free Mini Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Pies from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grapefruit Pie from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies from Pies and Plots
- Irish Cream Coffee Mud Pie from The Crumby Cupcake
- Leaf Topped Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Magic Cookie Bar Pie from Moore or Less Cooking
- Mixed Berry Hand Pies from My Imperfect Kitchen
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie from Feeding Big and More
- No Bake Blueberry Mini Filo-Pies from Hardly A Goddess
- No-Bake Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Tart from Magnolia Days
- Orange Meringue Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Paifala (Samoan Pineapple Half Moon Pies) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie from Sweet Mornings
- Perfect Manhattan Pie from The Texan New Yorker
- Pineapple Meringue Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Quick Swiss Apple Pie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding Pie from Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Mascarpone Tart from Taste And See
- Beef & Red Wine Pie from Wholistic Woman
- Cauliflower Cheese Pie with Grated Potato Crust from Food Lust People Love
- Chard and Parsnip Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cornish Pasties from Palatable Pastime
- Homity Pie (British Potato Leek Pie) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Cheesy Artichoke and Asparagus Phyllo Pie from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Hand Pies from Brunch-n-Bites
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie from The Freshman Cook
- Jamaican “No-Beef” Patties from What Smells So Good?
- Mini Swiss Quiches from Family Around The Table
- Mushroom Swiss Quiche from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Pizza Rustica from Monica’s Table
- Salmon Pot Pie from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Savory and Spicy Mincemeat Pie from eating in instead
- Shepherd’s Pie Hand Pies from Our Good Life
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie from Life Tastes Good
- Spaghetti Pie from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spicy Korean Cottage Pie from kimchi MOM
- Taco Hand Pies from Kitchen Gidget
- Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie from Books n’ Cooks
- Plus: Baked Puerto Rican Meat Pies and More Pie Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement