Some mornings you just NEED a muffin! Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins are perfect for those mornings! Chocolate and mini chocolate chips with texture from oatmeal combine for a delicious muffin.
I love muffins (Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins, Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins) but sometimes you just aren’t going to finish a whole batch. What can you do so you don’t waste the muffin deliciousness? Freeze them!!! Wrap them in a little plastic wrap, put them in a freezer bag and put them in the freezer (good for about 3 months). Now you can have muffins whenever you want!!! To eat, take them out of the freezer and defrost in microwave for about 45 seconds then heat them for about 8 seconds. Warm, delicious muffin!! Or if you are more organized than me you can take them out the night before and will be defrosted by morning.
These Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins have the right amount of chocolate, cocoa makes the muffin chocolate and mini chocolate chips provide melty chocolate. The oatmeal gives the muffins a delightful texture (and oatmeal is healthy, right?!?). Delicious!!!
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin tins or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients: sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, oatmeal, and mini chocolate chips.
- Combine wet ingredients: melted butter, vanilla, eggs, and buttermilk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake 18-22 minutes.