Vegetarian Taco Potatoes combine the flavors of a taco in a baked potato for a delicious, cheesy Meatless Monday meal.
Tacos are always a hit in my household so I figured a meatless version would be a good idea. I softened some onions and then added beans, corn, and salsa. Meanwhile I baked 4 potatoes (you can use microwave if in time crunch, no matter which method you use to bake them make sure to pierce them with a fork before baking). When the potatoes are baked scoop out the inside of the potato and add it to the vegetables along with low-fat yogurt and shredded cheese. Warm the mixture for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to combine and cheese to begin to melt. Scoop the vegetables back into the potato shells. Serve with extra salsa and shredded cheese. Yum!!
Vegetarian Taco Potatoes combine the flavors of a taco in a baked potato for a delicious, cheesy meatless meal.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup onion
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- Bake the potatoes in a 425 oven for 1 hour or on potato setting of microwave.
- Make sure to pierce all sides of the potato before baking.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil over medium low.
- Add the onion and allow to soften for about 7 minutes.
- Add the beans, corn, cumin, and salsa and cook stirring 5-10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are baked scoop the insides and add to skillet with other vegetables.
- Mix in the yogurt and cheese and cook, stirring, 5-10 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture bake into the potato skins.
- Serve with additional shredded cheese & salsa,