Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are light, tender muffins filled with chocolate and sweet strawberry. Eaten warm the chocolate is melted and the strawberries soft and almost jammy.
Some mornings you just need a muffin!! And a little chocolate… And to be healthy some fruit… These Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are perfect for those mornings!! The muffin itself is light and tender with just the right balance of sweetness. In fact this is my favorite muffin base and have used it for the Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins I adore.
Added in are chocolate chips because everything is better with chocolate chips! Florida strawberries are in the grocery stores, plump and red and smelling so delicious that they were just perfect for the muffins! Easy to mix up they are delicious warm. If you have any left they are perfect for an afternoon snack (warm them up 8-11 seconds in microwave and the chips get a little melty).
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin tins or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients: sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and chocolate chips.
- Combine wet ingredients: melted butter, vanilla, eggs, buttermilk and strawberries.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake 18-22 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.