What do you get when you combine the cheese and tortilla chips of nachos with the chicken, onions, and peppers of fajitas? Chicken Fajita Nachos!!! Perfect as an appetizer for the big game or as a light, different main course!! And perfect for #SundaySupper Big Game Recipe Roundup!!
Chicken Fajita Nachos are a favorite appetizer at a little Mexican place my daughter takes us to in Charlotte, NC. I live in Tennessee and was craving them so I decided to create my own and I love the way they turned out!!! I have just joined the Sunday Supper Movement and am so excited to have this recipe included as a Big Game Day Recipe with all of the other amazing Sunday Supper bloggers. Don’t miss out on any of the amazing Big Game recipes from Sunday Supper bloggers, there are links to all of them at the end of this post. And a big THANK YOU to TR Crumbley of Gluten Free Crumbley for hosting this fun event.
To make Chicken Fajita Nachos start by marinating the chicken (cut in bite size pieces) in a combination of lime juice and spices (cumin, onion salt, chili powder & cayenne pepper) for at least 30 minutes or up to a day. This gives the chicken a delicious lime flavor with a kick.
About 20 minutes before you are ready to eat heat a frying pan with about 1 Tbsp of olive oil and cook the chicken pieces over medium heat until tender (about 10 minutes). Cut onion and peppers into pieces and sauté them until tender (about 10 minutes). On a large platter put about ¾ a bag on tortilla chips. Combine the chicken and peppers if you haven’t already and pour on top, distributing the mixture across the chips.
For the queso I use a Jalapeño Queso Restaurant Style Cheese Melt (it’s in the Cheese Department of my local grocery store). Follow the directions (shred, add milk, and microwave just over a minute) to make the Queso (you can substitute your favorite queso). Pour over top of the platter covering as much of the chicken pepper mixture as you can.
The combination of chicken fajita ingredients with queso is unbelievably AMAZING!!!
What do you get when you combine the cheese and tortilla chips of nachos with the chicken, onions, and peppers of fajitas? Chicken Fajita Nachos!!! Perfect as an appetizer for the big game or as a light, different main course!!
- 3/4 - 1 lb chicken (tenders or boneless, skinless breasts, cut into bite size pieces)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Onion, cut in quarters and sliced
- 2-3 peppers, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Jalapeño Queso Restaurant Style Cheese Melt (it's in the Cheese Department of my local grocery store)
- 2-4 oz milk
- Marinate chicken (cut in bite size pieces) in a combination of lime juice and spices (cumin, onion salt, chili powder & cayenne pepper) for at least 30 minutes.
- About 20 minutes before you are ready to eat heat a frying pan with about 1 Tbsp of olive oil and cook the chicken pieces over medium heat until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Cut onion and peppers into pieces and sauté them until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Follow the directions (shred, add milk, and microwave just over a minute) to make the Queso (you can substitute your favorite queso).
- !To serve:
- On a large platter put about ¾ a bag on tortilla chips.
- Combine the chicken and peppers if you haven't already and pour on top of the chips, distributing the mixture across the chips.
- Pour queso over top of the platter covering as much of the chicken pepper mixture as you can.
I marinate the chicken in a plastic storage bag.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement