Harlan Coben writes can’t put them down books and The Stranger doesn’t disappoint. With a can’t put it down book you need an easy to make and eat snack and Chex Mix is perfect!
Wow!!! The Stranger is another twisty, turny, edge of your seat mystery adventure story from Harlan Coben. A stranger approaches Adam at a lacrosse draft meeting and with 1 sentence everything changes. Secrets and lies are being exposed with consequences no one expects. Meanwhile across the country another secret is being exposed by the stranger. Is there a connection? I couldn’t put it down!!!
When a book is so captivating that I can’t put it down I crave a delicious snack that you can snack snack on a little at a time as you are engaged in your reading. Chex Mix is the perfect edge of your seat book snack!! Can eat a little at a time and it’s cereal so it’s healthy!! Plus it takes less than 10 minutes to make in the microwave!!
I’ve modified the traditional recipe to my tastes and what I usually have on hand, I use only cereal, butter, garlic salt, and Worstershire sauce. Mix the cereal together and mix the melted butter with garlic salt and Worstershire sauce. Mix everything together in a large microwaveable bowl and microwave for a minute and 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for another minute and 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for a minute and 15 seconds. Pour everything out onto paper towels to absorb the excess butter. That’s all it takes to make this delicious snack!
Both the book, The Stranger by Harlan Coben, and the snack, Chex Mix, are 4 star and should not be missed!!!
Slightly adapted from recipe on Chex boxes
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3 Tbsp Worstershire Sauce
- 3 cups each Rice, Corn, and Wheat Chex (9 cups total)
- Mix the cereal together in a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Mix the melted butter with garlic salt and Worstershire sauce.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cereal and stir well.
- Microwave for a minute and 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave for another minute and 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave for a minute and 15 seconds.
- Pour everything out onto paper towels to absorb the excess butter.