Vegetarian Asian Noodle Bowls are a delicious, easy to make Meal for Meatless Monday. Noodles, vegetables and a delicious sauce are quick to prepare and combine and dinner is on the table in 20 minutes
Asian Noodle Bowls began in my house as an easy way to use up leftover chicken or beef and has evolved into a favorite meatless meals. In fact it’s a meal my daughter has made for herself all through college so you know it’s easy and inexpensive.
Prepare fettucine, linguini or spaghetti according to the package, whatever you have on hand will work. While the noodles cook saute onion, garlic, and carrots in a pan. After about 5 minutes add in frozen broccoli to the pan and cook until tender. Mix together sesame oil, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a bowl to create the sauce. Drain the noodles, add them to the pan and pour the sauce over top. Mix together, allow the sauce to heat through (about 5 minutes) and enjoy.
Noodles, vegetables and a delicious sauce are quick to prepare and combine and dinner is on the table in 20 minutes.
- 1 12oz package linguine (or spaghetti or fettuccine)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 ½ Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 ½ Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Asian sweet red chili sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- your choice of vegetables - whatever you like or have on handle, dice it and add as much or as little as you like, our favorites:
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup peppers
- 1 cup broccoli
- Prepare linguine according to directions on box. Drain.
- Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and sweet chili sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil. When oil is hot add onions, garlic, carrots, and peppers and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add broccoli. Cook, stirring for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add noodles and mix well. Pour sauce over top, stir and allow mixture to become heated through, about 3-5 minutes.