Taco Dip…Creamy, cheesy and topped with salsa and lettuce this dip is always a welcome addition to any party or Game Day viewing spread.
There are many versions of this popular dip but the one my Family likes is very simple and can be assembled in 10 minutes. I’ve lightened it up a little, substituting low fat yogurt for the traditional sour cream, and my Family did not notice. The beauty of this dip is it is easy to personalize to your tastes, add tomatoes or olives as toppings. Increase the heat of the salsa if you like things extra spicy. Don’t be afraid to change it up and make it your own!!
Mix the cream cheese, yogurt, and taco seasoning together. If you aren’t ready to serve it put it in the fridge. To serve spread the dip on a plate, platter, or even a pizza pan. Top with salsa, lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese and any other toppings. That’s all there is to it! Enjoy with tortilla chips or dippers of your choice.
Creamy, cheesy, and topped with lettuce and salsa this dip is a welcome addition to a party or Game Day gathering.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. low fat plain yogurt
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar salsa
- chopped tomato (optional)
- tortilla chips (1 bag)
- Combine cream cheese, yogurt, and taco seasoning mix. Mix well.
- Refrigerate to combine flavors.
- Spread on a platter, large plate, or pizza pan.
- Pour on salsa.
- Top with lettuce, shredded cheese, and tomatoes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.