Do you have a go to dessert that is delicious but easy to make? Brownie sundaes are delicious and easy but when you up the ante with fudgy Mint Brownies the resulting Mint Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes are special dessert worthy.
Start with Mint Brownies. The minty, fudgy brownies are easy to make with Mint Chocolate Chips, they are available seasonally so make sure to stock up before they disappear. I usually make the Mint Brownies and freeze part of the pan, that way I always have the Mint brownies available.
When you need a dessert take the mint brownies out of the freezer to defrost a few hours before serving. When it is time for dessert heat the mint brownies for a few seconds, drizzle chocolate syrup over them, top with vanilla ice cream, more chocolate syrup, and finish with whipped cream and a few sprinkles.
When serving the Mint Brownie Sundaes you will notice the minty aroma of the mint brownies before you even take a bite. The bite will be equal parts warm chocolate and mint balanced with the cool ice cream and whipped cream. Delicious!!!
Brownie sundaes are delicious and easy but when you up the ante with fudgy Mint Brownies the resulting Mint Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes are special dessert worthy.
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag of mint chips
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate sauce
- whipped cream
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 13x9 pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt 1 cup of mint chips and the butter in microwave (approximately) 1 - 1 ½ minutes until chips are melted when stirred.
- Stir in sugar and cocoa,
- Add in eggs mixing well.
- Add vanilla extract..
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Mix in remaining mint chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 28-30 minutes.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on individual plates.
- Top with a warm mint brownie (heat for a few seconds in microwave if necessary).
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on mint brownie.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and more chocolate sauce.
- Top with whipped cream and a few chocolate sprinkles.
Mint brownies can be prepared ahead of time and frozen. Remove required number of brownies several hours prior to serving.