Do you know what you are having for breakfast Christmas morning? We are having Christmas Tree Breakfast Rolls like we do every year.
Ever since my girls were little we have had Christmas Tree Crescent Rolls for Christmas morning breakfast. When I suggested this year that we have something different, my 20 something daughters raised a fuss, so we are having Christmas Tree Crescent Rolls (plus bacon and mimosas).
These are so easy to make I really don’t mind making them for Christmas breakfast. It is 2 tubes of crescent rolls, butter, and cinnamon sugar. Unroll a tube of crescent rolls, smooth together the perforations,spread lightly with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Roll up jelly roll style and slice (about 18 per tube of crescent rolls).
Place them on a pizza stone or baking sheet in the shape of a tree. Repeat with the 2nd tube of crescent rolls. If we are being extra fancy I will make a quick glaze of powdered sugar and water after they are baked. That’s it, the longest part of this is waiting for them to bake!
So do you have a Christmas morning breakfast tradition?
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- spreadable butter
- cinnamon sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- about 2Tbsp water or milk
- Preheat oven according to directions on tube.
- Unroll tube and press together the perforations.
- Spread with a light coat of butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Roll up jelly roll style.
- Slice (makes about 18 slices).
- Place on baking sheet or pizza stone forming a Christmas tree.
- Repeat with 2nd tube of crescent rolls.
- Bake according to directions on tube.
- Combine powdered sugar and enough water or milk to make a thin glaze.
- Drizzle over baked rolls.