Light, chocolate spritz cookies sandwiched together with marshmallow fluff are the deliciousness I am calling Chocolate Marshmallow Spritz Cookies.
Spritz cookies are among the most versatile and delicious Christmas cookie around. Change the flavoring and you have a new cookie. Add some cocoa and you have a Chocolate Spritz. And when you think about all the ways to create sandwich cookies the combinations are infinite!!! We loved the Peanut Butter Chocolate Spritz Sandwich Cookies so much that I started thinking about how else I could create Spritz Sandwich Cookies and came up with today’s Chocolate Marshmallow Spritz Cookies.
These cookies couldn’t be easier to make, make and bake Chocolate Spritz Cookies. Make sure you chill your baking sheets before using the cookie press, it just makes everything much easier. Sprinkle colored sugar or sprinkle on the cookies before baking to make them more festive. Once the cookies are cooled spread on a layer of Marshmallow Crème and sandwich 2 cookies together. Only thing left to do is enjoy!!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- Marshmallow fluff
- Colored sugar or sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and cocoa.
- Place dough in a cookie press and follow directions to create desired shapes.
- Decorate with colored sugar or sprinkles.
- Bake 6-9 minutes until set. Do not ovebake.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets and place on wire drying racks.
- When cookies are cooled spread marshmallow creme on 1 cookie and top with another cookie to create a sandwich,
Chill cookie sheets before using the cookie press