It’s Throwback Thursday and again I’m going to throw it way back to 2011 and Peanut Butter Chocolate Dipped Spritz cookies. I originally made these cookies when I was looking for a new flavor profile for spritz cookies because I was having a love affair with my cookie press. Still like my cookie press but it’s one of those things that when it’s good its good and when it’s not you never want to use it again! Oh, an important tip, put your cookie sheets in the freezer before you use the cookie press, it will go much better!
When I made them I wanted to change it up a little so I made them sandwich cookies instead of just coating the back of the cookies with chocolate. The cookies melt in your mouth with just the right amount of peanut butter. The coating of chocolate sandwiched between 2 cookies add chocolate to the mix and you can never go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. Be careful when you coat the cookies with chocolate, they are delicate and break easily.
The great thing about Spritz cookies is with the variety of shapes for the press so they can be made year round and not just at the Holidays!!
Enjoy and have a Sweet Morning!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ - 1 cup chocolate chips, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix butter, sugar, and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Add in egg, and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, and salt.
- Place dough in a cookie press and follow directions to create desired shapes.
- Bake 6-9 minutes until set. Do not ovebake.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets and place on wire drying racks.
- When cool melt remaining chocolate chips in small batches.
- Coat bottom of half the cookies with melted chocolate.
- Put a matching cookie on top to form a sandwich.
- Place on parchment covered baking sheets.
- Place in freezer until chocolate is set.
Linked to: Ultimate Cookie Party, Throwback Thursday,Idea Box, Foodie FriDIY, Awesome Life Friday, Friday Features, Happiness is Homemade, Motivation Monday, Merry Monday, Inspire Me Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend, Two Cup Tuesday, Hearth and Soul, LouLou Girls Fabulous Party, Party in YOur PJs, Wonderful Wednesday, Wednesday Showcase, Create & Share, Wordless Wednesday, Welcome Home Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesdays, Create It Thursday, Think & Make Thursday, Saucy Saturdays, Pretty Pintastic, Share It , Try A Bite Tuesday, What to Do Weekends, Creative Mondays, Merry Blogmas