Its November … Days are getting shorter & it’s getting dark much too early and even though it’s still warm in Tennessee my thoughts are going to nights by the fire and cookies! I LOVE cookies but I’ve been trying to be good and not make them very often (self protection so I don’t eat the whole batch taste testing them) but it’s November and that means thanksgiving and family and Christmas so of course you have to have cookies! So with my mind heading in that direction I got weak… I mean what could I do, I dreamt about the flavors in these cookies so I HAD to make them!
Peanut butter and chocolate chips are amazing together!! Add in oatmeal and you have texture along with the amazing flavor and put it in a bar cookie and you have easy to make. Cover it with a frosting/topping of melted chocolate chips for even more deliciousness! I even made it s healthy, well healthier, by adding some wheat flour in place of some white flour, your family will never notice (mine doesn’t).
Give them a try and have a Sweet Morning!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp water
- ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease a 13x9x2 pan
- Mix butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat until well combined..
- Add egg and water. Mix well.
- Add in flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Stir in quick oats.
- Stir in half of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover with a baking pan or aluminum foil to trap the heat.
- When the chips have melted, spread evenly over the top.