Pasta, sauce, and melted cheese!! What’s not to like? Sneak in some vegetables and this Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake is a delicious Meatless Monday option.
My family LOVES pasta!!! I LOVE a meal that allows me to sneak in vegetables, so it’s a win-win in the dinner department!! Plus there is cheese, lots of melted cheese to make it even better.
The dinner can be prepped the night before so when you get home pop it in the oven for 30-45 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly, and you have an easy, weeknight dinner.It is also the perfect meal to take to a new Mom or anyone that needs an easy meal. Add a loaf of Italian bread and a salad for a complete, easy meal. It makes a lot so there will be leftovers for lunches or maybe even enough for another dinner. The recipe is adaptable to your family’s tastes and what you have on hand. Use the pasta your family likes, I usually use penne or rotini. If you have a lot of vegetables, like I did, roast them with minced garlic and oregano and basil for a vegetable rich meal. If you don’t have or like green peppers leave them out. It is your dinner so don’t be afraid to make it uniquely yours. Every time I make it it is slightly different and every time my family inhales it so don’t be afraid to change it up and experiment. In fact here’s a version I made years ago.
- 1-2 eggplants, diced
- 2-3 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 box of pasta (penne, rotini, or shape of your choice), cooked
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Roast the vegetables by tossing the eggplant & peppers with the minced garlic, oregano, & basil. Bake in a 425 oven on a parchment covered jelly roll pan for about 25 minutes.
- Mix the roasted vegetables with spaghetti sauce.
- In a casserole pan combine pasta and sauce mixture with about 1 cup of cheese.
- Top with more mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered 30-45 minutes until cheese is melted.