I know, I haven’t posted in forever… It’s not that I haven’t been making yummy recipes that I want to share, its just that I always forget to take pictures of the yummy food. Really and truly when I make something we are usually so anxious to eat that by the time I remember that I want to take a picture all the yumminess has been consumed and all that’s left is dirty dishes! But I’ve put my family on notice and we are going to remember to take a picture or 2 before we dig in…at least usually.
So now that that is straightened out I had to figure out what to share first and it was an easy answer …Muffins!! I love Muffins!! Plus muffins seem to be the favorite posts of mine so…. You can never have too many muffin recipes and I am always searching for that perfect muffin. That muffin that is sweet, but not too sweet and moist and tender.
These are it!!! They are the perfect combination of sweet, and moist, and tender. Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack!!! And they are healthy! Well, sort of…they have zucchini in them so that makes them healthy, right?!?! But no worries, if you don’t like zucchini or don’t have any zucchini leave it out and the muffins will still be amazing!!!!
Give them a try. And have a Sweet Morning!!
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cups zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin tins or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients: sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and chocolate chips.
- Combine wet ingredients: melted butter, vanilla, eggs, buttermilk and zucchini.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake 18-22 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Linked to: Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Treasure Box Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Freedom Friday, Foodie Friends Friday, Foodie FriDIY, Snickerdoodle Sunday, Sundays Down Under Linky , Merry Monday Link Party